Police protesters smash windows in Oakland (w/video)Protesters smashed business windows on the edge of downtown Oakland and tore ornaments and lights from a large Christmas tree in a protest designed to keep police working on the holiday.
- California officials issue caramel apple warning (w/video)
- Hundreds get free meal in Guerneville
- Police: Petaluma men stole Christmas presents from porches
- Foster kids find comfort, strength at west county animal rescue
- Cloverdale gas station robbed at gunpoint
- Santa Rosa's longtime public works director Moshier retires
- Few regrets as Sonoma Land Tust leader Benson passes the torch
A mentoring program at the Sonoma Humane Society's Forget Me Not Farm teaches foster youths vocational and life skills.
The executive chef of The Duck Club at the Bodega Bay Lodge offers a few hearty recipes using sweet Dungeness crab.
New Year's Eve in Wine Country 2014
Where to party like it's 2014 in Wine Country on New Year's
Uproming events include holiday lights and snow at the SF Zoo, a hot chocolate blending seminar, and a French circus' final weekend.
Los Angeles handed the NBA-leading Golden State their second loss at Staples Center in three days on Thursday.
Carolyn Stark is resigning as executive director of Sonoma County BEST, an economic development initiative, to lead Sonoma County Vintners.
Quick takes on the news from The Press Democrat’s editorial writers
Windsor won't retain football coach Amick
Windsor football coach will not return to the Jaguars' sideline.
After taking time off, Jeff Schechtman is back behind the microphone at Napa Valley College.