Here are the results of our recently completed Press Democrat Readers' Choice competition. We had 1,800 readers participate in our online voting. We are also compiling a print guide that will offer a complete listing of all the winners. It will be published as a magazine and included in The Press Democrat in September.
There will be an Awards Ceremony to honor the winners. All of the winners, their supporters and anyone in the community is invited to attend. It will be at 5 p.m., on Thursday, Sept. 27, at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Railroad Square, Santa Rosa. Go to http://pressdemocrat.com/best for ticket details on the ceremony.
For questions about the contest, email email@example.com
Best of Sonoma County Awards: So Sonoma County
• Best winery to take visitors to: Francis Ford Coppola Winery
• Best picnic spot: Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve
• Best beach: Doran Regional Park
• Best chowder at the coast: Spud Point Crab Company
• Best place to get married: Trentadue Winery
• Best fundraising event: (tie) PEP Housing Gala and Human Race
• Best inspiring leader: Sonoma County 5th District Supervisor Efren Carrillo
• Best spiritual leader: Senior Pastor Tom Marcum, Petaluma Valley Baptist Church
• Best committed politician: Sonoma County 5th District Supervisor Efren Carrillo
• Best artist: (tie), Patrick Amiot, Mario Uribe and Mylette Welch
• Best bike trail: Prince Memorial Greenway
• Best place for the perfect gift: (tie) The Classic Duck, Positively Fourth Street
• Best place to volunteer: PEP Housing
• Best first date spot: Sonoma County Museum
• Best crab feed: Sonoma County Democratic Party Crab Feed
• Best bookstore: Copperfield's Books Inc.