Windsor woman burns forearms in barbecue fire
Published: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 11:05 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 8:35 a.m.
A 47-year-old Windsor woman suffered burns to her forearms from a barbecue fire, reported a fire official Tuesday.
The woman lit a propane grill at about 7 p.m. Monday and headed inside. When she came back out, flames were coming from the propane tank, said Cyndi Foreman, fire prevention officer for Central Fire.
“It appears she was either trying to put it out or turn off the propane,” said Foreman.
The woman had burns to her forearms and heat injuries to her face and neck.
Firefighters responded to the Claudius Way home near Los Amigos Road and she was taken by Bell's Ambulance Service to Healdsburg District Hospital.
The woman's name wasn't available Tuesday morning.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.