Santa Rosa man injured after TV catches fire
Published: Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.
A Santa Rosa man whose television caught fire early Thursday morning suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns when he tried to carry it outside, a fire official said.
The man's name was not available in the aftermath of the 6:22 a.m. fire. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment, Santa Rosa Fire Battalion Chief Mike Jones said.
Neighbors reported seeing smoke coming from the home on Illinois Street north of Elliott Avenue and Santa Rosa Junior College, emergency dispatchers said.
The injured man was taken by ambulance to a hospital. An update on his condition was not available.