A week into my 60th year I'm breaking in the personal trimmer Santa brought and sensing what I hope may be the onset of the wisdom that accompanies fuzzy ears.
All these decades of observing humanity and hearing January resolutions for upgrading it persuade me that just 10 personal objectives, if met, would remedy 90 percent of our shortcomings.
The essential New Year's goals:
1. Drink more water. Probably, a lot more.
2. Eat what we know we should: Vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean proteins.
3. Don't kill the light at night without having learned something new that day.
4. To the greatest extent possible, be kind.
5. Always be reading a book.
6. Save some money.
7. Be actively grateful.