74°
Mostly sunny
TUE
 89°
 54°
WED
 84°
 56°
THU
 86°
 56°
FRI
 85°
 57°
SAT
 90°
 57°

Fort Bragg garage fire destroys car

A fire Tuesday morning near Fort Bragg destroyed a car and other belongings stored inside a garage, where the blaze ignited, fire officials said.

Firefighters responding to the 6:30 a.m. fire on Pearl Drive were able to stop the flames from spreading to the attached house, said Fort Bragg Fire Chief Steve Orsi.

The fire appeared accidental, likely caused by an electrical malfunction, he said. There were batteries being charged in the area where the fire started, Orsi said.

There was some smoke damage to the home, he said.


comments powered by Disqus
© The Press Democrat |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments |  Place an Ad
Switch to our Mobile View