A fire Tuesday morning near Fort Bragg destroyed a car and other belongings stored inside a garage, where the blaze ignited, fire officials said.
Firefighters responding to the 6:30 a.m. fire on Pearl Drive were able to stop the flames from spreading to the attached house, said Fort Bragg Fire Chief Steve Orsi.
The fire appeared accidental, likely caused by an electrical malfunction, he said. There were batteries being charged in the area where the fire started, Orsi said.
There was some smoke damage to the home, he said.