Fire destroyed a home on Argonne Way in Forestville early Monday morning, according to the Forestville Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to the two-story home, in the 9200 block of Argonne Way off River Road, at 5:20 a.m.
Engines from Forestville, Graton and Russian River fire departments arrived and found the first story of the home, essentially a basement, engulfed in flames, said Forestville Engineer Eric Gromala.
Neighbors were trying to contain the fire and keep nearby houses cool with garden hoses, Gromala said.
However, by the time firefighters arrived, the blaze was "way too big for garden hoses," Gromala said.
The fire, which consumed the first story of the home and spread somewhat into the second story, was contained by around 6 a.m.
The two people living in the home got out safely and, with the help of firefighters, salvaged many of their belongings.
Red Cross is now helping the two find lodging, as their home was destroyed, Gromala said.
An electrical glitch likely caused the fire, but inspectors are still investigating, Gromala said.