36°
Partly sunny
SUN
 57°
 32°
MON
 54°
 32°
TUE
 53°
 39°
WED
 55°
 32°
THU
 54°
 32°

Electrical fire scorches Santa Rosa garage

Fire burned a garage in east Santa Rosa on Sunday, causing about $22,500 in damage.

The blaze was reported shortly before 5 p.m. in the 2600 block of Compadre Drive. Firefighters arrived at the one-story home in four minutes and found heavy smoke coming from the garage and attic vents, said Battalion Chief Michael Jones.

They were able to keep the fire in the garage and a small portion of the attic, Jones said. After putting out the blaze, firefighters had to pull many damaged items from the home, including a smoldering mattress and box spring that had been stored in the rafters.

One man who lived in the home was treated for smoke inhalation and released.

Fire investigators found the blaze started from electrical wiring. Damage included about $20,000 to the building and $2,500 to the items stored in the garage and rafters.


comments powered by Disqus
© The Press Democrat |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments |  Place an Ad
Switch to our Mobile View