Many said they read or heard a partially clothed Carrillo had been arrested last summer outside a Santa Rosa woman's apartment in what police initially described as an attempted sexual assault.
But all said they could put aside information gleaned from newspapers or broadcast sources to render a fair verdict on Carrillo's guilt or innocence.
Opening statements are expected around 10:30 a.m.
Prosecutors are planning to call the woman, identified in court only as Jane Doe, as one of their first witnesses.
Also, jurors are expected to hear recordings of 911 calls she made to police on July 13 starting at about 3:40 a.m. In addition, they will hear recorded statements Carrillo made to police before and after his arrest.
Judge Gary Medvigy rejected defense arguments that some of the recordings should be barred because they were made before Carrillo received a Miranda warning against self-incrimination. Medvigy said the statements appeared to be voluntary and came as police were conducting their investigation.
Prosecutors from the state Attorney General's Office denied a request from The Press Democrat Monday to release copies of the arrest recordings.
Interim Santa Rosa police Chief Hank Schreeder has rejected repeated requests for copies of the 911 tapes.
Carrillo, 33, is expected to take the stand later in the two-day trial.
The 5th District supervisor watched from the defense table Monday as his lawyer talked to potential jurors. He didn't offer a comment as he left court.