An underage drinking decoy operation conducted by Santa Rosa police resulted in one citation for an employee at a Mexican restaurant, authorities said Thursday.
Police sent an underage decoy to 13 establishments that are licensed to sell alcohol within city limits.
The decoy successfully purchased alcohol at Pepe's Mexican Restaurant on Sebastopol Road, resulting in a citation for the employee.
Funds for the operation were provided by a grant from the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Protecting your home
Firefighters advise creating at least 100 feet of defensible space around structures.
Within the first 30 feet extending out from buildings:
- Remove all dead vegetation.
- Remove dead or dry leaves and pine needles from your yard, roof and rain gutters.
- Trim trees regularly to keep branches a minimum of 10 feet from other trees.
- Remove branches that hang over your roof and keep dead branches 10 feet away from your chimney.
- Relocate wood piles outside 30-foot buffer zone.
- Remove or prune flammable plants and shrubs near windows.
- Remove vegetation and items that could catch fire from around and under decks.
- Create a separation between trees, shrubs and items that could catch fire, such as patio furniture, wood piles, swing sets, etc.
- When clearing vegetation, use care when operating equipment such as lawnmowers. One small spark may start a fire; a string trimmer is safer
See more at: www.readyforwildfire.org
SOURCE: Cal Fire
Read all of the PD's fire coverage here