Spiraling bids, frothy bubbly and a smattering of confetti are expected to keep pace with the fast-talking auctioneer at Sunday's Sonoma Harvest Wine Auction. The live auction will be at Chateau St. Jean winery in Kenwood. Here's a peek at the auction lots expected to be the most hotly contested:
- Dan Kosta and Michael Browne of Sebastopol's Kosta Browne Winery are offering a World Cup lot. The winners will travel with Kosta and Browne in 2014 to Brazil to witness the action first hand.
- Williams Selyem winery's winemaker Bob Cabral will tutor the winners of this lot and help them craft their own cult wine. The lot includes a two-night stay in the Russian River Valley on the Williams Selyem Estate.
- Chateau St. Jean winery in Kenwood is offering bidders a chance to meet beloved rocker Sheryl Crow and enjoy her music at a concert.
- This lot offers a private event at Ram's Gate Winery, as well as a stay in a castle in Scotland, with golf on the famed St. Andrews links and spa adventures for four.
- The Gallo family will host a "Denim and Diamonds Party" at the MacMurray Ranch in Healdsburg. Kate MacMurray and Gallo family members will be on hand with a feast grilled by sausage pro Bruce Aidells.
Phil Coturri of Enterprise Vineyards in Sonoma and Robert Kamen of Kaman Estate Wines in Sonoma have put together a magnum collection of wines from vineyards Coturri has farmed. These wineries include Amapola Creek, Lasseter Family Winery and Stone Edge Farm, among others. The lot also includes a tour of Moon Mountain appellation, as well as a farm-to-table dinner with a lineup of celebrity winemakers.
- Sondra Bernstein of Sonoma's Girl & the Fig restaurant will team up with chef John Toulze and participate in the Annadel Estate Winery lot, which will host 30 people for dinner on the estate.