54°
Partly cloudy
FRI
 63°
 41°
SAT
 61°
 39°
SUN
 65°
 39°
MON
 64°
 38°
TUE
 65°
 35°

Santa Rosa man injured after TV catches fire

A Santa Rosa man whose television caught fire early Thursday morning suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns when he tried to carry it outside, a fire official said.

The man's name was not available in the aftermath of the 6:22 a.m. fire. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment, Santa Rosa Fire Battalion Chief Mike Jones said.

Neighbors reported seeing smoke coming from the home on Illinois Street north of Elliott Avenue and Santa Rosa Junior College, emergency dispatchers said.

The injured man was taken by ambulance to a hospital. An update on his condition was not available.


© The Press Democrat |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments |  Place an Ad
Switch to our Mobile View