A Windsor woman went to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital early Monday after her home furnace boiler exploded, said a Windsor fire official.

Lori Cook had gone into the garage of her Pleasant Avenue residence just prior to the 6:25 a.m. explosion so was nearby when it occurred, said Central Fire's acting Battalion Chief Ron Busch.

The woman suffered minor- to moderate injuries and was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

While the cause remained under investigation it initially appeared to be a malfunction with the boiler, not due to the natural gas, he said.

A PG&E crew also responded.

Busch estimated the damage caused by the explosion was about $15,000.