Santa Rosa firefighters extinguished an attic fire early Sunday that caused about $40,000 in damage.
It was reported about 6:30 a.m. at a single-family home on Marsh Road, Battalion Chief Jack Piccinini said.
Crews arrived to find the occupants, an adult couple, standing outside.
"The folks noticed the fire and were able to get out," he said.
Fire, possibly from a faulty chimney, had spread into the attic and burned above the ceiling, Piccinini said.
It was controlled in about 20 minutes, he said.
Four engines, a truck and 15 firefighters responded, he said.
Read all of the PD's fire coverage here