St. Seraphim Orthodox Church in Santa Rosa celebrated its 75th anniversary Saturday with services, a choral concert and banquet.
The Eastern Orthodox Christian church on Mountain View Avenue was founded by Russian Orthodox immigrants in 1936 and is now part of the Orthodox Church in America.
About 300 members and guests attended the celebration, led by Bishop Benjamin Peterson of San Francisco, bishop of the western diocese of the Orthodox Church in America.
St. Seraphim is home to the annual Glendi festival, an ethnic music and food event held every September since 1990.
Glendi wasn't held this year because of construction at the church, but it's scheduled to return next year.
Father Lawrence Margitich is rector of the church, part of the Parish of the Protection of the Holy Virgin.