54°
Cloudy
THU
 56°
 52°
FRI
 58°
 47°
SAT
 57°
 50°
SUN
 63°
 48°
MON
 65°
 46°

Windsor woman burns forearms in barbecue fire

A 47-year-old Windsor woman suffered burns to her forearms from a barbecue fire, reported a fire official Tuesday.

The woman lit a propane grill at about 7 p.m. Monday and headed inside. When she came back out, flames were coming from the propane tank, said Cyndi Foreman, fire prevention officer for Central Fire.

"It appears she was either trying to put it out or turn off the propane," said Foreman.

The woman had burns to her forearms and heat injuries to her face and neck.

Firefighters responded to the Claudius Way home near Los Amigos Road and she was taken by Bell's Ambulance Service to Healdsburg District Hospital.

The woman's name wasn't available Tuesday morning.


© The Press Democrat |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments |  Place an Ad
Switch to our Mobile View