The Sonoma County chapter of the Surfrider Foundation is holding a beach cleanup Saturday at North Salmon Creek State Beach.
Volunteer workers will be on the beach from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to pick up debris.
The foundation will have tables set up at the trail heads in the parking lot and will have bags and tools available for use.
The next cleanups will be Memorial Day, May 28; July 4; and Labor Day, Sept. 2.
— Bob Norberg
North Coast service members and civilians killed in Iraq:
* Marine Lance Cpl. Patrick O'Day, 20, of Santa Rosa, March 25, 2003
* Civilian contractor Christian Kilpatrick, 25, of Penngrove, May 1,
* Army National Guard Sgt. 1st Class Michael Ottolini, 45, of
Sebastopol, Nov. 10, 2004
* Human rights activist Marla Ruzicka, 28, of Lakeport, April 16,
* Army Ranger Cpl. Timothy Shea, 22, of Sonoma, Aug. 25, 2005
* Army Cpl. Joshua Kynoch, 23, of Santa Rosa, Oct. 1, 2005
* Army Pfc. Caesar Viglienzone, 21, of Santa Rosa, Feb. 1, 2006
* Army Sgt. Jason Buzzard, 31, of Ukiah, June 21, 2006