60°
Partly cloudy
SAT
 68°
 44°
SUN
 71°
 44°
MON
 74°
 43°
TUE
 78°
 48°
WED
 80°
 50°

Unattended candle causes Santa Rosa fire

A candle left burning in a south Santa Rosa apartment sparked a fire Thursday afternoon when no one was home.

But the candle was near a bedroom window, which shattered under the heat and began emitting smoke, alerting neighbors to the blaze, Central Fire Battalion Chief Joe Giordani said.

The 5 p.m. fire was on Butterfly Lane off Santa Rosa Avenue. It was largely contained to the bedroom but caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to the structure and contents, Giordani said.


© The Press Democrat |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments |  Place an Ad
Switch to our Mobile View