87°
Sunny
TUE
 84°
 54°
WED
 84°
 56°
THU
 86°
 56°
FRI
 85°
 57°
SAT
 90°
 57°

Three escape Santa Rosa house fire unharmed

A Santa Rosa home was damaged Wednesday by an attic fire that has been blamed on a faulty electrical outlet.

The blaze broke out at 3:15 a.m. at the home of Brian and Sue Brinier, who with their teenage daughter got out of the house unharmed, said Santa Rosa Battalion Chief Mark Basque.

The fire was confined to the attic of the home on Chanate Road, causing $20,000 to $30,000 in damage.

It started in a junction box for an outside light, which was seen to be arcing shortly before the attic fire was spotted, Basque said.

The fire was under control within 30 minutes, he said.


© The Press Democrat |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments |  Place an Ad
Switch to our Mobile View