<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
The Press Democrat Online is a news and information service available on the Internet's World Wide Web. The Press Democrat, owned by The New York Times Company, is publisher of pressdemocrat.com. For more information about The Press Democrat, visit the About Us page.<br />
By viewing the pressdemocrat.com and downloading its pages, you agree to abide by the policies outlined in this agreement.
From time to time, we may make changes to these policies. If we do, we will notify you by posting the changes here. Continuing to use the site after we have posted notice of these changes means that you agree to the changes.<br />
<strong>Forums and Discussion Areas</strong>
Pressdemocrat.com encourages an open exchange of information and ideas. But we cannot and do not review postings made in the chat rooms, forums, or other public posting areas. Accordingly, we do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information available through pressdemocrat.com. We do not guarantee that such material has been posted with the permission of the copyright or the proprietary owner. You may rely on such materials solely at your own risk. We are not responsible for materials contained in postings, but we do reserve the right to remove or modify such materials at our sole discretion for any reason.<br />
When using Pressdemocrat.com, please do not post material that:
- contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community. violates any right of Pressdemocrat.com or any third party.
- discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law. violates or inappropriately encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.<br />
- unfairly interferes with any third party's uninterrupted use of Pressdemocrat.com. advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose.
- "flames" any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
Responsibility for what is posted in the chat rooms, forums, and other public posting areas on pressdemocrat.com lies with each user. You alone are responsible for the material you post. By using pressdemocrat.com you agree to abide by the following rules when posting material and content:
(1) When posting public notices to other users, you agree that you are solely responsible for any statements that are posted using your account. Use of your real name is optional, but do not impersonate someone else.
(2) You will not post or upload any material or links to material (including, but not limited to text, content, photos, video, animation, graphics, audio, or software) that is libelous, harassing, disruptive or a violation of applicable law or that would constitute grounds for civil liability.