68°
Clear
THU
 76°
 56°
FRI
 84°
 54°
SAT
 78°
 54°
SUN
 78°
 55°
MON
 82°
 53°

'Fast & Furious 7' delayed after Paul Walker's death

  • File-This March 21, 2013 file photo shows actor Paul Walker wearing a creation from the Colcci summer collection at Sao Paulo Fashion Week in Sao Paulo, Brazil. A publicist for actor Walker says the star of the "Fast & Furious" movie series has died in a car crash north of Los Angeles. He was 40. Ame Van Iden says Walker died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013. No further details were released. (AP Photo/Andre Penner, File)

Production on "Fast & Furious 7" is on hold following the death of star Paul Walker.

Shooting on the film had been scheduled to resume this week in Atlanta but was canceled Monday and Tuesday. A spokesman for Universal Pictures declined to say when shooting will resume.

Production on the latest installment of the franchise began in September. While a large portion of the film has been shot, the movie is incomplete.

It's scheduled for release July 11, a date that could be difficult to meet with any lengthy delay. Universal Pictures is expected to go forward with the film, but it has not announced how it will adjust the movie or handle Walker's unfinished performance.

The franchise, which has starred Walker in all but one installment, is particularly lucrative for Universal. "Fast & Furious 6," released in May, was the highest grossing film in the series, earning more than $788 million worldwide.


comments powered by Disqus
© The Press Democrat |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments |  Place an Ad
Switch to our Mobile View