Wright became just the 19th Rays pitcher to start a game since 2008. ... A's RF Josh Reddick no longer has pain in his right wrist after getting an injection Wednesday. He hopes to start take some swings in the cage Monday and be eligible to return from the disabled list on schedule Sept. 10. "The way things are going there's a decent chance he could be activated after 15 days," manager Bob Melvin said. ... As planned, the Rays selected the contract of OF/DH Young from Double-A Montgomery, recalled RHP Josh Lueke and C Chris Gimenez from Triple-A Durham and reinstated OF/DH Scott from the disabled list. ... Oakland promoted four players from Triple-A Sacramento: LHP Pedro Figueroa, INFs Andy Parrino and Jemile Weeks and OF Michael Choice. To clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Choice, the A's designated C Luke Montz for assignment. ... The A's raised $61,395 on their annual breast cancer awareness day, bringing their total raised since 1999 to more than $1.3 million.
What To Expect
Expected High Temperatures For Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Santa Rosa..........103, 107, 99
Sonoma...............115, 112, 107
Cloverdale...........109, 109, 105
Petaluma.............105, 105, 100
Ukiah...................110, 109, 108
Healdsburg..........109, 108, 100
Lakeport..............106, 107, 103
Sebastopol...........101, 104, 94
Source — National Weather Service
Hot Weather Do's And Don'ts
• Do not leave children, seniors or pets in parked cars. Temperatures can increase rapidly during periods of intense heat.
• Drink plenty of fluids, especially water.
• Stay out of the sun and in air-conditioned areas, if possible.
• Avoid strenuous exercise during the hottest periods of the day.
• Mow fields before 10 a.m., but never when it’s windy or excessively hot. Be aware that lawn mowers should not be used to mow weeds or dry grass, and that metal blades striking rocks can create sparks and start fires.
• When towing trailers or boats, be sure chains are secured tight and not dragging on the roadway, which can cause sparks.