The Press Democrat, Sonoma Index Tribune, and Petaluma Argus Courier are gearing up to publish their annual guide to regional summer camps on March 16.
Operators of day and residential camps within Sonoma, Lake, and Mendocino counties are invited to submit their camp information on the form found at pressdemocrat.com/campsform. All camp information must be submitted by Feb. 17, to be included in the printed guide.
This year the free listing will only include the type of camp and basic contact information. If you would like to add a description or artwork, please contact Sandy Morales in our advertising department at 707.526.8543 or email@example.com, to discuss the rates for expanded listings.
If you have further questions about the online form contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
WINES for the feast
Here are Christopher Sawyer’s special Presidential Turkey wine picks for 2015:
- Gloria Ferrer NV Brut Sparkling Wine, Sonoma County ($18): Works wonders with appetizers, starting courses and saltier Thanksgiving dishes.
- Gundlach Bundschu 2014 Dry Gewurztraminer, Sonoma Coast ($22.50): Pairs extremely well with soups, salads, yams and sweet potatoes.
- Cline 2013 Pinot Gris, Sonoma Coast ($12): A fresh and expressive alternative to buttery chardonnays.
- Balletto 2013 Pinot Noir, Estate Grown, Russian River Valley ($29): Pairs nicely with fine cheeses, salads, cranberries, mushroom-based dishes and turkey sandwiches.
- St. Francis 2012 Merlot, Sonoma Valley ($20): Texture of this wine complements turkey and its traditional fixings.
- Dry Creek Vineyards 2013 Heritage Vines Zinfandel, Sonoma County ($20): Pairs well with tangy sauces and the savory dishes served alongside turkey.