Home and Garden
- What is biochar? The burned organic matter that is good for your garden
- 'Succulent Guy' shares how to have success with the waterless plants
- 4 easy ways to protect your plants from the cold
- Tricks to bare-root planting
- Learn how to grow your own salad from scratch
- This Petaluma neighborhood is designed to get people talking
- It’s cold outside but the landscape is starting to bloom
- How to prepare for a natural disaster
- Tips and tricks for sowing seeds
- Garden thieves got you down? 10 plants that deer don’t like
See how a vacant Santa Rosa backyard has been transformed into a flourishing sanctuary.
'How a Mountain was Made' is a fanciful series of tales of anthropomorphic animals, birds, insects and elements, who inhabit Sonoma Mountain and whose exploits, lessons and fates together tell the story of the mountain.
Farmers have long recycled wood ashes in fields and growing beds, putting to work the nutrients that remain after wood burns.