Home and Garden
- Garden Docs: How much to prune back a woody butterfly bush?
- Learn to make beautiful duck-egg ornaments and more
- How to tell if a burned tree is still alive
- Where to cut your own Christmas tree in Sonoma County
- How to turn your leaves into gardening gold
- Holiday-themed home and garden events
- Garden Docs: Basket sedge has historical significance
- Rise of 'hobby farms' across US means more growers get maimed, killed
- From Sweden, an unsentimental take on de-cluttering
- Change your fire-friendly landscape to make your property safe
See how a vacant Santa Rosa backyard has been transformed into a flourishing sanctuary.
The decade-old restaurant served up some of the best Gallic treats in the county, from authentic boeuf bourguignon and jambon sandwiches using family recipes handed down through generations.
Farmers have long recycled wood ashes in fields and growing beds, putting to work the nutrients that remain after wood burns.