Home and Garden
- A juicy guide to watermelons
- Confused about summer pruning? Follow these tips
- Sebastopol nursery thanks customers with deals and treats
- Which is more flammable? Rubber or wood mulch?
- Wake up your summer garden with basil
- Glen Ellen farmstead blends multigenerational living with country bliss
- This lively event welcomes artists, gardeners and kids
- How to use LEDs to bring otherworldly magic to night events
- How to entertain like a Francophile in Sonoma County
- Gardening expert says to grow great pot, let weeds be weeds
See how a vacant Santa Rosa backyard has been transformed into a flourishing sanctuary.
The mother-daughter team of Jennifer and Elizabeth Webley presides over a hat wonderland that includes vintage hat-making equipment, a milliner’s workshop and a storage room filled with hats stacked from floor to ceiling.
Farmers have long recycled wood ashes in fields and growing beds, putting to work the nutrients that remain after wood burns.