MOUNTAIN VIEW — Authorities say three people were injured after a kitchen fire broke out during Google's I/O developer conference at a San Francisco Bay Area venue that normally hosts concerts.
It happened Thursday at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View.
Mountain View Fire Department spokesman Lynn Brown says three people were taken to a hospital and one had life-threatening injuries.
Google said in a statement that the small fire broke out in a kitchen at the venue and no conference attendees were hurt.
The company says the three people who were injured were event staff members and are receiving treatment.
Brown says a flash fire broke out when workers were trying to light a deep-fat fryer. The kitchen's sprinklers put out the blaze.