Nearly 60 residents of an adult care home in Petaluma were evacuated Sunday after a fire ignited in a laundry room.
Petaluma Fire responded to the call at 3:54 p.m. and found smoke pouring out of a roof vent at the Adobe House, a memory care facility at 750 N. McDowell Blvd.
The fire was sparked by a dryer in the facility, but the sprinkler system stopped it from spreading, Petaluma Fire said in a statement.
Fire crews gained control of the small blaze by 4:11 p.m. and assisted in smoke removal and water cleanup before residents were allowed back in the home, Petaluma Fire said.
There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage, excluding cleanup costs.
You can reach Staff Writer Nick Rahaim at 707-521-5203 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @nrahaim.
The Press Democrat remembers the 40 lives lost in the North Bay fires. Click here for more of the stories.