Read all of the PD's fire coverage here

Wednesday is the deadline for residents affected by the wildfires to apply for Disaster CalFresh benefits, which can be used to fund food purchases by those who qualify.

The food stamp benefits are provided through the U.S. Department of Agriculture, through the use of an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, a debit-like card that can be used at grocery stores and other approved retailers. Disaster CalFresh benefits expand the food stamp program to include wildfire-affected residents, regardless of immigration status, who lost a home or business, lost income, lost food or had disaster-related expenses that will not be reimbursed, including repairs, temporary housing or evacuation expenses.

Applications can be submitted at three Sonoma County Human Services Department offices from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday: - 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa

- 520 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa

- 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Petaluma

For more information about the Disaster CalFresh benefits, go to

You can reach Staff Writer Christi Warren at 707-521-5205 or On Twitter @SeaWarren.

Single-Family Home Permits In Sonoma County

Year: 2016

Permits: 581

Year: 2015

Permits: 236

Year: 2014

Permits: 292

Year: 2013

Permits: 295

Year: 2012

Permits: 279

Year: 2011

Permits: 431

Year: 2010

Permits: 280

Year: 2009

Permits: 359

Year: 2008

Permits: 546

Year: 2007

Permits: 904

Source: California Homebuilding Foundation