- CHP: Officer who shot teen in Humboldt County hospitalized
- Sonoma County’s dental care for kids seen as lacking
- Krauthammer: How to fight the lone wolf
- Boy, 6, is 4th dead from Southern California church crash (w/video)
- Wetter than usual start to new year in California predicted (w/video)
- 3 dead, 13 injured after car plows into crowd outside Southern California church (w/video)
- Waste water overflow closes Angel Island
- Local undocumented immigrants eager for driver's test hit the handbook (w/video)
- Activists take popular Salinas rodeo to court
- Warriors' Bogut out indefinitely
The officer, responding to a single-car crash on Highway 299, fatally shot the suspect early Thursday.
Prosecutors announced Friday they will not seek the death penalty against two men accused of killing another man in a suspected pot rip-off at a Santa Rosa hotel.
Officials say the weekend closure is needed to allow the system to recover from excess water from the recent storms.