Subscribe

Overnight fire at Sacramento crematorium caused by overheating oven

A small fire broke out at a Sacramento crematorium around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning, officials said.

The fire at Nor-Cal Crematory on the 8300 block of Rovana Circle in Morrison Creek district of Sacramento was caused by the overheating of an oven used for cremation, and no one was injured, according to Capt. Keith Wade, spokesman for the Sacramento Fire Department.

Authorities reported some damage to the building, but said the fire was quickly put out.

Please read our commenting policy
  • No profanity, abuse, racism, hate speech or personal attacks on others.
  • No spam or off-topic posts. Keep the conversation to the theme of the article.
  • No disinformation about current events. Claims of "Fake News" will be delayed for moderation
  • No name calling. "Orange Menace", "Libtards", etc. are not respectful.
Send a letter to the editor

Our Network

Sonoma Index-Tribune
Petaluma Argus Courier
North Bay Business Journal
Sonoma Magazine
Bite Club Eats
La Prensa Sonoma
Emerald Report
Spirited Magazine