Subscribe

Fire destroys Rohnert Park home

A Rohnert Park house fire early Wednesday consumed the home as five adults narrowly escaped the blaze, according to authorities.

Multiple neighbors began calling 911 at 3:22 a.m. to report an explosion - apparently the sound of the Jubilee Court home’s collapsing roof.

Rohnert Park, Rancho Adobe and Rincon Valley firefighters were dispatched to a possible fireplace explosion.

Rohnert Park firefighters arrived in about three minutes and found the two-story home’s roof caved in and flames shooting 30 feet into the air, said Rohnert Park police Sgt. Rick Bates, who commanded the two-alarm firefight.

Two pets in the home were believed to have escaped.

A preliminary investigation indicated the blaze started in the fireplace, Bates said.

Flames consumed much of the house. Bates estimated damage at $450,000.

-Randi Rossmann

UPDATED: Please read and follow our commenting policy:

  • This is a family newspaper, please use a kind and respectful tone.
  • No profanity, hate speech or personal attacks. No off-topic remarks.
  • No disinformation about current events.
  • We will remove any comments — or commenters — that do not follow this commenting policy.
Send a letter to the editor

Our Network

The Press Democrat
Sonoma Index-Tribune
Petaluma Argus Courier
North Bay Business Journal
Sonoma Magazine
Bite Club Eats
La Prensa Sonoma
Sonoma County Gazette