Santa Rosa man sentenced to 25 years to life for sexual assaulting a child
A Santa Rosa man who sexually assaulted an 8-year-old Rohnert Park girl in her home last year could spend the rest of his life in prison, the Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office said.
Noah Luke Holland, 22, was sentenced Tuesday to 25 years to life in prison by a Sonoma County judge, after pleading no contest to burglary and forcible child molestation during the burglary, District Attorney Jill Ravitch said in a statement.
Ravitch was unavailable for an interview.
“This was a heinous act against a young child that rightfully will subject this defendant to spend much, if not all of his life, behind bars,” Ravitch said in the statement.
Holland was arrested after he found a garage door opener in the family’s unlocked vehicle, then used it to enter the home through the garage and go to the girl’s bedroom, where he assaulted her, according to the statement.
Brian Staebell, the chief deputy district attorney, said in an interview Tuesday that Holland left his pants when he fled the Rohnert Park home and, in doing so, left a wallet containing his identification that authorities found upon investigating.
Investigators also recovered DNA evidence and relied on “some admissions” Holland made before his sentencing, Staebell said.
Holland’s admission that he molested the girl while committing a burglary brought his offense under the purview of California’s “one strike” law that can bring life sentences for certain sexual offenders.
Another man, Tristan Ford, who was arrested last year along with Holland on suspicion of conspiracy, burglary and a probation violation, ultimately was not charged with any crimes, Staebell said, because there was not sufficient evidence to prosecute him.
You can reach Staff Writer Will Schmitt at 707-521-5207 or email@example.com. On Twitter @wsreports.