Overnight fire at Sacramento crematorium caused by overheating oven

The "Follow This Story" feature will notify you when any articles related to this story are posted.

When you follow a story, the next time a related article is published — it could be days, weeks or months — you'll receive an email informing you of the update.

If you no longer want to follow a story, click the "Unfollow" link on that story. There's also an "Unfollow" link in every email notification we send you.

This tool is available only to subscribers; please make sure you're logged in if you want to follow a story.

Please note: This feature is available only to subscribers; make sure you're logged in if you want to follow a story.

Subscribe

A small fire broke out at a Sacramento crematorium around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning, officials said.

The fire at Nor-Cal Crematory on the 8300 block of Rovana Circle in Morrison Creek district of Sacramento was caused by the overheating of an oven used for cremation, and no one was injured, according to Capt. Keith Wade, spokesman for the Sacramento Fire Department.

Authorities reported some damage to the building, but said the fire was quickly put out.

Show Comment

Our Network

Sonoma Index-Tribune
Petaluma Argus Courier
North Bay Business Journal
Sonoma Magazine
Bite Club Eats
La Prensa Sonoma
Emerald Report
Spirited Magazine