The Applewood Inn, Restaurant and Spa in Guerneville suffered damage in a Friday morning blaze triggered by an electrical problem, authorities said.

Fire crews responded to the blaze at 4:12 a.m. at the well-known resort along Highway 116, said Monte Rio Fire Chief Steve Baxman.

The fire started in the ceiling of the downstairs laundry and storage room beneath its restaurant, Baxman said.

Fire crews were able to put out the blaze in 20 minutes. Most of the damage occurred in the storage room, though one wall in the restaurant suffered damage, he said.

Baxman estimated that there was about $50,000 in loss of items in the building to smoke and heat damage and another $50,000 loss for structural damage. No one was inside the restaurant at the time of the fire.

The Sonoma County Health Department visited the restaurant, Pinoli Cucina Rustica, on Friday morning. It will re-open for dinner service on Monday night, said a spokeswoman for the resort.

One part of the restaurant will be cordoned off for repairs, said owner Carlos Pippa.

Most of the damage was limited to the laundry room. The hotel was working with its vendor to ensure that it would have sufficient linens and towels for the restaurant and inn’s 19 rooms, Pippa said.