- 49ers sign ex-Cardinal Smith
- Empire high school football programs always pushing to prepare
- Giants lose to Pirates 5-0 (w/video)
- Homers rock A's Chavez in 7-3 loss to Astros
- Raiders’ Watson hoping to block out lost season
- The 2014 Sonoma Stompers are a team full of players who can’t let go of their love of baseball. They leave the game only when every door in front of them slams shut.
- Despite the 10-year contract, the club can leave town in two years while the Raiders dream of new stadiums for both Oakland teams.
- Underpaid guard a high performer but 49ers won’t see him in same light as they see Vernon Davis.
Madison Bumgarner gave up five quick runs and San Francisco was never able to recover Monday.
Before Monday, the Oakland pitcher hadn't allowed more than two homers in a game.
Summer football: More intense offseason programs pay off when practices begin
Football season officially kicks off Aug. 11 but teams are already hitting the field.
Fearless on the soccer pitch, goalkeeper Jessie Flynn never shied away from contact or going to the ground — also ideal training for high school wrestling.
49ers sign RB Alfonso Smith
The 49ers announced Tuesday morning that they have signed running back Alfonso Smith....
- Trent Baalke on Carlos Hyde: You have to like what you see early on.
- Dontae Johnson shuts down Anquan Boldin, Brandon Lloyd and Stevie Johnson
- Harbaugh on Lattimore's injury: It's not yet 100 percent, and I say that more from a physical aspect than from a mental.
- LaMichael James carted off practice field
The guard's contract, announced Tuesday, is for two years and about $2.5 million.
Despite the 10-year contract, the club can leave town in two years while the Raiders dream of new stadiums for both Oakland teams.