A Monte Rio house was gutted in a fire late Thursday night, authorities said.

Fire crews responded to the blaze at 11:21 p.m. at the 21600 block of Moscow Road, said Monte Rio Fire Chief Steve Baxman.

A woman who lived in the house triggered the fire when she lit a match too close to the oxygen mask that she used for a breathing device, Baxman said. The fire started in her bed and then spread throughout the structure. She escaped the fire without injuries.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze within 10 minutes though it caused severe damage to the house, Baxman said. He estimated damages at $150,000.

Water quality information

Any updates to conditions Monte Rio beach will be available on the county’s recorded Beach Hotline at (707) 565-6552.

Additional information and full beach test results are available here.