Major League Baseball
- A’s drop 4-2 decision in tense game with Royals
- Reeling Giants can’t escape early hole in 5-1 loss to Diamondbacks
- Heston leads Giants to 4-1 win to snap losing streak
- Giants get championship rings before game
- Reddick sparks A's 5-0 win against Royals
- Giants throttled by Diamondbacks 9-0 as woes continue
- Royals beat A's 6-4 in wild-card game rematch
- Giants fall short in 7-6 loss to Diamondbacks
- Butler returns to Kansas City, this time with A's
- Slumping Giants fall to Rockies 4-2
The plucky Pelicans mounted a determined effort but came up short in Game 2 Monday night in Oakland.
A profile to air Tuesday on HBO portrays the former 49ers coach as having worn out his welcome in San Francisco.
4-10 start matches the franchise’s worst start since moving to San Francisco in 1958.
Kendall Graveman struggled for Oakland in the first of a four-game series against Los Angeles on Monday.