Fire damages Guerneville house
Flames broke out early Tuesday at a Guerneville home, likely sparked from electrical wiring connected to a basement cannabis grow, according to Monte Rio Fire Chief Steve Baxman.
Firefighters from three agencies responded to the Northern Avenue fire, which was reported about 8:10 a.m.
Baxman said the fire first started in the basement. It spread into the living area but was stopped before causing extensive damage. He estimated the loss at $50,000.
Monte Rio, Russian River and Cal Fire firefighters also responded to the blaze.
Northern Avenue winds along the Russian River’s lower side, south of Rio Nido, and includes an old neighborhood known as Drake’s Estates.
You can reach Staff Writer Randi Rossmann at 707‑521-5412 or email@example.com. On Twitter@rossmannreport.