- PD Editorial: Looters add to Valley fire victims’ misery
- PD Editorial: Mass shootings in America: By the numbers
- PD Editorial: Governor, veto this anti-reform
- PD Editorial: Let’s not fear discoveries far, far away
- PD Editorial: Free markets, emissions and China
- PD Editorial: Thumbs up, thumbs down
- PD Editorial: Old Courthouse Square will be a downtown destination
- PD Editorial: Boehner bows out. But what now?
- PD Editorial: SB 331: A doubleplus bad bill
- PD Editorial: A nasty bug in those VW Beetles
Press Democrat readers comment on gun violence, assisted suicide bill and more.
As I listen to the stories of those with loved ones among the 400 or so residents remaining at the soon-to-be-shuttered Sonoma Developmental Center, I keep coming back to one thought: What’s the rush?
Drive around America and you will find too many faceless cities. Their downtowns sit deserted and forlorn, while the roads on the edge of town are adorned by aging strip malls and the occasional big-box store. Drive down one of those nondescript commercial streets and you could be anywhere.
One gauge of the famine looming in South Sudan is that people are simply collapsing from hunger.
LET THE PUBLIC SPEAK
E-mail letters of no more than 200 words to firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters to the Editor
The Press Democrat
427 Mendocino Ave.
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
CLOSE TO HOME
Email local opinion pieces (no more than 600 words) to email@example.com
Commentaries become property of The Press Democrat. They may be republished in all Press Democrat media.
Editorial Director Paul Gullixson
Assistant Editorial Director Jim Sweeney